The really exciting bit is that the new models, including the Philips Momentum 328M1R, Acer Predator XB323QK, and Viewsonic Elite XG320U, are expected to be very competitively priced compared to existing 27-inch 4K high refresh monitors. Get the 144hz one, the PS5 will probably force 120Hz on that monitor, I would however wait if possible for more information from Sony, specially because that monitor probably has a HDMI 1.4 port and we don't know if the PS5 … Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. If you are planning to get Xbox Series X, which does support 1440p resolution, do check our list of best gaming monitors for Xbox Series X. For XBOX a 1440p120 capable monitor is a no brainer. I think 60 is a good sweet spot for me atleast.

That said, it’s the console connection that has slowed the arrival of these screens and indeed pushed their retail availability out to early next year. But as is often the case, the PC looks likely to benefit from the arrival of a new generation of consoles. So 4k. The new consoles don't even support 144FPS in games, and the vast majority won't be 120FPS either.

You must log in or register to reply here. I have a 144Hz monitor but mainly play with 60fps and sometimes even 30fps but the VRR make all the difference. That’s not always the case, as the Samsung G7 proves. Other highlights for the Philips Momentum 328M1R include VESA DisplayHDR 600 certification, so colour fidelity should be good and at least an element of local dimming will be included, plus a claimed latency of just 4ms. We now know many games will run at 120fps. The better to hook up to those new consoles, the 328M1R comes complete with three HDMI 2.1 ports. Future US, Inc. 11 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor, What’s more, because the console gaming market is generally less lofty when it comes to pricing than gaming PCs, we’re expecting these screens to be relatively affordable. But a DisplayPort 1.4 socket is also included, which widens the range of compatible GPUs for running at 4K and 120Hz. It’s VA but very quick indeed. PS5 also very likely will not have 1440p native output so I'd go 4k/60Hz. It seems there is a huge market for a HDMI 2.1 / 4K / HDR Monitor for PC and the new Consoles. Between the choices 4K/60, but the real answer is to hold off for HDMI 2.1 4K monitors. While gaming at 120 fps or higher is great (fps > resolution), the number of console games supporting framerates higher than 60 fps will most likely be very limited. Consoles never get 144hz, so it is a huge waste.

That the poll is this close makes me question whether people even read the OP. Thank you for signing up to PC Gamer. It runs a native 4K resolution and tops out at 120Hz.

Best SSD for gaming: get into the game ahead of the rest. Just a handful of games will support 60+ fps on consoles, i don't think it will be worth it. Sign up to get the best content of the week, and great gaming deals, as picked by the editors.

It's just that basically only indie games would use it and even then, without a mouse and zero pointer acceleration, it's almost impossible to tell the difference between 120Hz and 144Hz. You could just google hdmi to display Port cable.

For this to work with the new Xbox Series X|S make sure the monitor has HDMI 2.0. Which of these two should I be using for the PS5? Most console games besides indies and BC games won't be higher than 60fps, so I'd go with the 4k monitor. Next gen consoles set to drive 4K high refresh pricing down. Please deactivate your ad blocker in order to see our subscription offer, Zen 3 is sold out everywhere but AMD’s Frank Azor says it was not a paper launch, Acer's new Predator XB323QK packs 4K and 144Hz from a 32-inch IPS panel, The Philips Momentum 328M1R is aimed squarely at console but could make a great PC monitor, too, Viewsonic's Elite XG320U combines a 32-inch IPS panel with 144Hz refresh, 4K and DispplayHDR 600. But at those frames is your monitor only 1080p?

Until recently, the high-refresh 4K monitor market was populated largely by 27-inch models, such as the LG UltraGear 27GN950. Thanks for the responses. Currently, we don’t have pricing for those models, which are slightly more PC centric and so may well be more expensive than the impressively affordable Philips. Receive news and offers from our other brands? If you.

144hz will blow your fucking mind.

The one that will be supported by the majority of games rather than a minor handful. Hold off for HDMI 2.1 (and hopefully better HDR support too). Edit: lots of assumption below that the PS5 will output at 1440p/144Hz. 4K/60hz easily, a TV would be preferable tho. The lack of options on consoles makes a 144hz monitor pointless IMO. The one possible snag? New York, Your hub for everything related to PS5 including games, news, reviews, discussion, questions, videos, and more. Choice is obvious for me here. That more limited HDR support should translate into lower pricing, however, so the Acer may turn out to be the pick of this trio. It’s a 32-inch 4K model aimed squarely at the new consoles. 4k60hz no doubt about it. But both are expected to support HDMI 2.1 and DisplayPort 1.4, so offer full flexibility when it comes to PC or console connectivity. I'm afraid Freesync support is extremely unlikely. So far, prices have tended to be pretty painful, especially given the relatively modest overall proportions of a 27-inch monitor. We’ll kick off with the Philips Momentum 328M1R because that’s the screen with the clearest indication of pricing. Granted, these aren't going to be properly cheap monitors, but they should push pricing below what we've seen for similar 27-inch screens. NY 10036. £1,000 / $1,000 for a 27-inch monitor, even a really nice one, is hard to stomach. As for the Acer Predator XB323QK and Viewsonic Elite XG320U, they take the 4K 32-inch formula and bump it up slightly to 144Hz while using an IPS panel. Wait wait wait... the people here saying that the consoles can't do 144Hz: I'd bet a good chunk of money that this would only require a firmware/software update and both consoles would have no problem putting out 144Hz hardware-wise. Best graphics card: your perfect pixel-pusher awaits

With the consoles themselves coming in around the $500 / £500, spending double that on a 4K monitor won’t be a goer for most gamers. That’s because 4K@120Hz support for consoles requires the very latest HDMI 2.1 interface. So 4k 60 fps monitor might be a safer choice, unless you also have a PC to use with this monitor. But here’s what we know so far. PC Gamer is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Visit our corporate site. These are my current monitors. Way more games will be 4k than 120hz. Whatever, larger and more affordable 4K displays with high refresh support have been a long time coming. 4k60 no doubt because games will regularly support that. For PC, you also have the option of DisplayPort 1.4. You'll likely regret it if you don't. Be careful if you are planning on getting a PS5 since 1440p support is still not confirmed. Yeah, if you were saying PC I would have said 1440p since DLSS is going to be a game-changer as it continues to be implemented in more games, but with a console I'd definitely go 4K/60. Best CPU for gaming: the top chips from Intel and AMD 144hz will have a far greater impact on gaming then 4k. The Viewsonic is DisplayHDR 600 certified, while the Acer is limited to DisplayHDR 400 certification. Start a new thread to share your experiences with like-minded people. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. very few games will support 120 fps ( and wont support 144hz). Otherwise, I would stick to a 4K TV. Below mention gaming monitors for PS5 are 4K monitors that you can consider for your PS5 Gaming Setup. It's due out early next year with an anticipated price of €599, likely to translate into similar figures in $ and £. I"m going to assume it's going to be the 144 hz monitor. They're pretty cheap. You are not gonna find a use to your 144hz very often on console. Guys now that we are closer to the release of ps5.

2.Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ 27 – 144hz monitor For PS5; 3.Samsung C32HG70 – 32 – 144hz monitor For PS5; 4.BenQ EX2780Q Gaming Monitor – 144hz monitor For PS5; 5.Asus VP28UQG – 28 – Best Asus Monitors for PS5; 6.LG 27UL650-W – 27 – Best LG Monitors for PS5; 7.Dell S-Series – 27 – Best Dell Monitors for PS5 I'd normally recommend 1440p/60, but as far as PS5 is concerned, we don't even know if 1440p will be supported. Between the choices 4K/60, but the real answer is to hold off for HDMI 2.1 4K monitors. Press J to jump to the feed. Again, we’re expecting to see both of these screens early next year and indeed a number of similar models from other brands, the arrival of which should make for a competitive market place and hopefully lower pricing.

No hassle with V-Sync, input lag and stutter anymore. JavaScript is disabled. Well, it's unlikely either console will be outputting anything close to 144hz, indeed I'd guess 60hz will be a rarity, so 4k/60 seems the sensible option. The Xbox Series X and PS5 are breeding a new wave of affordable 32-inch 4K 144Hz gaming monitors By Jeremy Laird 10 November 2020 Next gen consoles set to drive 4K high refresh pricing … i cant speak to 144hz but 60 vs 120. yes there is a difference but its no where near the jump 30 to 60 is. You will receive a verification email shortly. The only PC monitor I'd use for console is the Asus PG37UQ, which is 4K/144/HDR10. So yea, go for the 4k/60hz monitor. The Reddit home for PlayStation 5. © If you are in hurry or confused about PS5 Gaming Monitor… There was a problem. You will regardless be locked to the in-game fps that the game is locked to. Receive mail from us on behalf of our trusted partners or sponsors. By 2022 we'll be back to 30fps in most titles. So we’re expecting the consoles to drive lower prices generally, starting with these 32-inch beasts. If a game is locked to 60fps then it will run at 60fps regardless of hz on your monitor. Please refresh the page and try again. However, the arrival of the Xbox Series X and Sony PS5, complete with support for 4K and 120Hz refresh, is driving the introduction of a new wave of 32-inch 4K monitors with high refresh support.

(About £11).