Otherwise, if the relative is from the EU, he/she should get the EU green card size residency certificate (no photo). The Tramites De Conductores application was approved subject to my providing an original Passport & Certificado De Residencia. Very helpful and useful. Hi David I want to return to the uk to live. and is protected by copyright. People on private pensions may have to take private insurance. My question is, how do I prove that I have been living in Spain, (after getting my residency card as a spouse of a Spanish national,) when I am not actively living in Spain? If you’re travelling with your pet for the first time you must visit your vet to get a pet passport. I’m planning to go back to Spain in September. Thanks for the reply and thanks for the info you have provided here . EU Exit update: New information on voting in local elections in Spain. We both stopped work and moved over from the UK lock, stock and barrel 3 years ago. Sorry I can’t help much here, I’m only experienced on EU residencies. Hi, If you are intending to spend more than three months in Spain you must register as a resident. A) Yes, it’s a permanent card and will grant the same rights as any other EU citizen. from asia. My recommendation is that you do not translate anything in the official format until you are 100% sure that you need to do so, just to avoid spending money for nothing. Some sites say that as an EU citizen both myself and my son can live with my wife as her dependents. To stay for longer, to work or study, or for business travel, you will need to meet the entry requirements set out by the country to which you are travelling. We have updated this guidance with what you should do to prepare for EU Exit and what the Royal Decree means for UK nationals. Like your new site, look very professional. Non-EU citizens usually have a different procedure. I am non-EU national. We have notified the Spanish immigration authorities that there is no similar standard regulation in the UK, so British consulates do not provide travel authorisation documents. Thank your for your informative website. You will have to hand over your UK licence to the Spanish Traffic Authority when applying to exchange it for a Spanish one. Canaries open again for business. I’m not sure how it’s done in Valencia, but it might be with two different appointments. We have just purchased a house in Andalusia and we are considering becoming residents as opposed to only using the house for a few months of the year. Im confused does exist some kind of permanent residence card apart of NIE? My guess is that it should be done in a similar way, but I would go in person to find out if I were you. Two separate appointments always, even though you’re married and applying at the same time. Is it simple to get renewed , or do I need to apply all over again ? give me some valueable suggestions.. I’m really sorry, but I’m not familiar with that type of card. Your email address will not be published. I’m very sorry, I’m only experienced in Spanish residencies for Europeans. I should have said: …with the Spanish Residency or NIE number. Where do you get an EX18 form from? Helplines: Andalusia: +34 650 339 754, Madrid: +34 699 581 855, Murcia: +34 648 642 543, all available Mon to Thurs, 3.30pm to 5pm, Helpline: +34 865 820 229 available Mon to Fri, 9am to 2pm, Helpline: +34 932 20 97 41 available Mon to Fri, 9am to 6pm. However, I have not done anybody from Canada yet, so I could be wrong…. Updated hyperlinks and corrected a grammar error. I am from the U. S. and we will be in Valencia for one year. I am from India In the UK, you must however apply to the EU settlement scheme to be granted a new residence status. “We are seeing that people are being asked for supermarket shopping bills or utility bills to prove that they are living and not just visiting Spain,” he says. During this time you can continue to travel to countries in the Schengen area or elsewhere in the EU with your UK passport. or you are a family member of an EU national that mets one of the previous conditions. Public insurance if you are on a state pension. Thank you for your time, It seems like residence and NIE should be the same thing. Check our guidance on benefits and pensions in the EU. You and your family members may move to the UK or to an EU country under the current EU rules until 31 December 2020. You can ask the relevant tax authority about double taxation relief. According to a conversation I recently had with the Spanish National Police in my area, you should not stay outside Spain for more than six months within one year. The only way to deregister from the Hacienda is to complete a Modelo 030. Wgich route do you think is best? In a moment, I will tell you how I can help you, but there are two main groups for my in-person services: These are my usual in-person coverage areas : Costa Blanca Spain, Orihuela, San Miguel de Salinas, Altea, Los Montesinos, Calpe, Orihuela Costa, Guardamar, Benijofar, Algorfa, Benejuzar, Alicante, La Marina, Pilar de la Horadada, Rojales, and, of course, Torrevieja; as well as other towns near Alicante. I’ve stayed outside of Spain for 3 months, and wonder if it is still valid when I fly back after 1 1/2 month…. or agents. It will take only 2 minutes to fill in. My husband has taken early retirement so we have a personal pension. Currently we are living in Spain since 02-2017 and we would like to apply for residency. Do I need to re-apply for a new green Certificado De Residencia, if so how do I do that & can I do so without having a new passport? In view of taking the sport as a career we are planning to move to Spain. Hi, My Spanish reg car has blown up the engine in UK and is scrap,does anyone know what I have to do to de register ... TalkQuesada is a forum for people who live, work, own a property or are interested in finding out more about the Quesada area in Costa Blanca, Spain. We will update this page when further information is available. You should be able to deregister at any time by filling in a "baja" form. Are you thinking about applying for Spanish residency? Here we go! What visa is there for it? I would like you to find out the exact group you belong in the next section, (But always keep in mind “the three variables”). This requirement does not apply if you are entering or transiting to Spain, and you are in scope of the Withdrawal Agreement. Therefore I need to send my contract to receive the resolution and with that I can get appointment for finger print. To renew the 10 year residency, I would go to the nearest foreigners’ office, as I may give you the wrong requierements as these things tend to change from one region to another. I am not from eu country. Talk to the National Police in your area as requirements may vary from one place to another. I would ask in person at your corresponding National Police office. Any rights that are not covered by the Withdrawal Agreement will be the subject of future negotiations. Im EU citizen living and working in Barcelona for more than 5 years. At the same time I have been working as teacher assistant and researcher. 1 |. I'm a legal and registered professional relocation adviser fully devoted to solve your problems in Spain. But… the best way to find out is going in person to your corresponding office. Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia. I’m sure I’ll be able to help somebody else in a similar situation in the future, Hello David, I would change the address, even if I moved a few blocks down the road, as it’s legal documentation. You can dial the European emergency number on 112 or: If you’re the victim of crime, have been arrested, or are affected by a crisis abroad, contact your nearest British embassy or consulate. US resident residing in Spain with the pink photo card. They will advise when the card will be ready for collection (this varies across Spain; usually within a month) by appointment. “There are some common activities / procedures you can carry out with the Spanish Residency and NIE number: … Thanks for sharing with us your hypothetical question. There might be a way, but I just know the traditional one. As I understand it, you are tax-resident for the whole tax year in Spain during which you were partly in Spain, if that makes sense. This EHIC will remain valid from 1 January 2021. My Permanet Residency Card has my old address. I have collaborators almost everywhere all over Spain, so no worries, I can assist you anywhere you are in Spain, in cities such as: Zaragoza, Vitoria, Bilbao, Albacete, Almería, Logroño, Avila, Badajoz, Caceres, Majorca, Zamora, Barcelona, Burgos, Oviedo, Cadiz, Santander, Castellon, Pontevedra, Ciudad Real, Cordoba, Cuenca, Gerona, Granada, Guadalajara, San Sebastian, Huelva, Huesca, Jaen, Navarra, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Gijon, Leon, Lleida, Lugo, Madrid, Malaga, Orense, Palencia, Salamanca, Segovia, Sevilla, Soria, Tarragona, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Teruel, Toledo, Valencia, Valladolid. In short, no matter where you are from, if you are thinking about retiring in Spain, you will need your residence card in Spain. Your bank or finance provider should contact you if they need to make any changes to your product or the way they provide it. You may be exempt from some of these taxes. During this time you can continue to live, work and study in the EU broadly as you did before 31 January 2020. I have engaged a firm to help me as my Spanish is not adequate & to ensure I get all the necessary documents.. Having read broadly on the subject I am surprised that the firm insist the only acceptable financial requirement is to have 14,000euros in a Spanish bank, could this really be the case? Tell the UK and Spanish authorities if you are returning to the UK permanently. Hello David, Can I find work in another EU country (France)? I am self employed and live in Rojales, but I don’t know which office to go to for Residencia, Elche or Alicante as I keep getting different answers from people and I don’t want to drive all the way to one office and find its another. I wish to permanently live in Barcelona. I renewed my residencia certificate in March for residencia permanente . I go over twice a year to put money in the bank to cover the bills on the house. This will continue for as long as you live there and meet all other eligibility requirements. Would it be possible to register as Autonomo and pay into the system that way ? Here is the thing. I want to secure my future living status in Spain, therefore do I have to apply for DNI, because I was told to be legally permitted to live and work here, I need the ID card. The same applies to UK nationals living in or moving to an EU country. Is this true or are there these kind of restrictions. The NIE part looks straight forward enough, and we have all the documentation ready, and just have to book an appointment in Tarragona through their website. THE PROBLEM is my appointment for submitting documents to get resolution will be a few days after my NIE expiration day. We cannot find a mention in your blog about the 5/10 yrs. If you are considering moving to Spain on or after 1 January 2021 and you are not covered by the Withdrawal Agreement, the rules depend on negotiations with the EU and may change. If you have a registered S1 form and are living in Spain before the end of 2020, your rights to access healthcare will stay the same from 1 January 2021 if you are either: Read our guidance on using an S1 form in Spain to ensure you are correctly registered in healthcare. They’ll let you know the exact amount of money you must provide for financial means, as well as the medical coverage requirement. Can you please clarify?