It's the kind of book that you can depend on when friends and family come over to always be good. Then I stirred in some leftover garlic mashed potatoes, which added a welcome savory note. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. The cake is really just a vehicle for the frosting and berries. I made one loaf in a 9"x5" pan. p. 94 - What appealed to me about this recipe was the use of vegetables that are readily available at local farms at this time of year. Like other cookbooks with a specialty-shop pedigree (such as Silver Palate), Garten's book is inflected with a certain catering mentality-a lot of salmon, sun-dried tomatoes, the inevitable Curry Chicken Salad, the forgiving and easy Chicken with Tabbouleh. =) Also, ingredients are items most people have in their kitchen already (always a plus!). Great simple summer salad. I used cran-raspberry juice so it would "shimmer". I can't recommend her cookbooks enough and every recipe I have made has always worked and gone down a treat. I usually just mash by hand. Bake until the vegetables are brown and tender, stirring every 10 minutes. I wouldn't make this again. Nice method of cooking zucchini - adds a lot of flavor.

This was very good! I'd definitely add spinach again. Quick and easy to prepare. If you haven't heard of record-smashing singer and songwriter Mariah Carey, is there any hope for you? For Ina, the best way to make guests feel at home is to serve them food that’s as unpretentious as it is delicious. Beautiful pictures and easy to follow recipes! I made 1/2 recipe. My go-to cheesecake. Nice and creamy. I chose this because I have never actually baked biscuits on top of a stew before so Barefoot Contessa seemed like a good place to start. And there's no shortage of outrageous desserts, from Raspberry Cheesecake and Rum Raison Rice Pudding, to the Coconut Macaroons that people have longed for at Barefoot Contessa. This crispy, flavourful chicken formed the awesome base of tonight’s dinner, I cut it back to 2 chicken breasts and because I had a small, almost empty jar of Dijon, I cracked my 1 egg into it & gave it a good shake before dumping it on its plate. Love this lasagna- definitely a keeper. They're just really wonderful versions of honest, straightforward food. And I love that every recipe has a picture. I didn't mind that, but others did. Do you believe that this item violates a copyright? There is enough sauce for the extra veg. Sauce was just barely enough for the spaghetti. I increased the vegetables. Cut the chicken into large dice. Cut into 8 squares, 16 triangles. Great for Thanksgiving. Used regular Persian limes. I made 1/2 recipe but used only 2 Tbsp butter and 1 tsp sugar. Sure to be popular. I scaled the recipe down to serve 2 people on salad. Definitely more of a grown-up dessert. This was fine but not a repeat for my household. Relatively easy and quick. I can't wait to cook more stuff! My son loved cutting out shapes and eating them. The crouton flavor was addictive. Add 2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and the heavy cream. Unfortunately for me, I only found a few recipes that I would probably actually make. I have also doubled the pasta relative to the broccoli to serve as a pasta dish. Beginner. Nice flavor. Did not need all of the salt.

The recipes are classics.

Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then remove the meat from the bones and discard the skin. There was a problem loading your book clubs. But otherwise great recipe. If you wants "warm" friendly recipes that you can serve to the mass, try this book out. So glad it was for me and not a gift. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Really rich even with 2% milk. I like to add spinach. I also added some toasted pine nuts this time.......and yes - it was just as good :). I cooked the pasta in a rectangular dish instead of the 6 individual ramekins; it turned out fine, though I see why Ina suggests the ramekins, as the mozzarella makes lots of strings, and serving it into individual bowls got messy and certainly not as elegant as individual servings. Tried the sour cream banana pancakes and they were good! This time used a large tin, did 2/3rds of recipe but doubled the base to make it thicker. Ina Garten, who shared her gift for casual entertaining in the bestselling Barefoot Contessa Cookbook and Barefoot Contessa Parties!, is back with her most enticing recipes yet—a collection of her favorite dishes for everyday cooking. This recipe provided the inspiration/guidance and as a result, I have produced a lovely, creamy pot of soup. I highly recommend this book for anyone looking for easy, delicious recipes for all kinds of occassions. Check your books before gifting!

: Fabulous Recipes & Easy Tips: A Cookbook, Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics: Fabulous Flavor from Simple Ingredients: A Cookbook, Barefoot Contessa Foolproof: Recipes You Can Trust: A Cookbook. First off, let me say that I use this book often and, for the most part, I absolutely LOVE it.

Rather then buying superfine sugar I put regular sugar in blender and blended until it was fine and powdery. In a small saucepan, heat the chicken stock and dissolve the bouillon cubes in the stock. They spread somewhat and didn't look pretty, but tasted very good. You can halve the butter, at least. Add the hot chicken stock to the sauce. Used regular bacon instead of pancetta. The dough was very soft and stuck in the food processor. All in all, a great book. I made about 1/3 recipe in a 9"x5" loaf pan, using 12 ladyfingers and 6 oz mascarpone. I don't think there is abyone out there championing home cooking and classic cuisine with as much elegance as warmth as Ina Garten, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 24, 2017. When I decided to write this blog there was NO QUESTION as to which book I would feature first. Every time I watch her show, I pick up a trick; whether it be of cooking or hosting a dinner. The recipes weren’t anything new, but good solid food. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Served with grated Parmesan (I know, a heresy in Italy). It's comfort food and food that you're familiar with while kicking it up a notch. More than enough sauce for extra pasta or added veg. Beginner. Half recipe served 4-6. So here's my advice: if you're convinced that you already have the perfect recipe for every standard dish under the sun, this book isn't for you. Following the recipes exactly might be important in some cases, but the cooking process seems to be the magical element in many others. We cleaned ours and we had no problem), the chocolate mousse was what my mother described as 'just like mothers.' I omitted the instant coffee as I was out and think it was fine without it. The butter splattered A LOT (very messy - smoke alarm went off). Served with an assortment of cracker and Melba toast. Easy, simple, and delicious. Omitted glaze. © Love This Cookbook!. I had trouble dicing the tuna so small - it might help to partially freeze it first. I made the marshmallows 2 days ahead, but they never completely dried out. Cake was delicious and perfect with strawberries.

Always like Ina. Add the flour and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. I would make it again if I happened to have those teas in the house, but wouldn't buy them just for this since I don't like them on their own.

Very good recipe, but then, it's hard not to like a recipe with this much cheese and two cups of heavy cream.

Watch the salt though. book, if anyone has tried making that: it's just chocolate pudding, after all, but it's heavenly). Made 2 days ahead and warmed before serving. I made 1/2 recipe using Tabasco and "party wings" (already cut). I made 2/3 recipe to serve 3 people, using 1/2 cup half-and-half, 1 1/4 cups whole milk, 1 1/4 cups lowfat milk. The whipped cream was too sweet; I'd use 1-2 Tbsp sugar next time. Ina Garten, who shared her gift for casual entertaining in the bestselling Barefoot Contessa Cookbook and Barefoot Contessa Parties!, is back with her most enticing recipes yet—a collection of her favorite dishes for everyday cooking.In Barefoot Contessa Family Style, Ina explains that sharing our lives and tables with those we love is too essential to be saved just for s It served 4.

Made with my own stock. It turned out quite well. I plan on getting all of her books one day! Would be better with vine-ripe tomatoes. This is one of my favorite Barefoot Contessa cookbooks. I thought it was very good. Yes, the recipes are pretty basic, but they are very delicious and you can also be creative with them and tweak them in small ways to mix it up! I love that all her cookbooks are a reasonable size, I can actually use them in the kitchen! I turn to Family Style whenever I am having company. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 16, 2013. Served over a bed of green salad (romaine, cucumber, avocado, tomato). Recipes from Modern Comfort Food! Ina also has some seriously great vegetable sides in this book. If you do not care about making it dairy-free, good for Passover. I used one large gratin dish, which worked fine. I made 1/2 recipe for 2 people, but with 1 lb lobster and 9 oz romaine lettuce in place of arugula. Ina really MAKES these recipes and KNOWS them inside and out. He's already marked several others he wants to try.