A few seconds later it is back up and working as though there was no problem. In the wireless settings this time you're looking for channel. Okay, so now I am running v1.0.0.26 and went through the painful process of reconfiguring the router after a factory reset. 4. I’ve pretty much decided to go buy a different WiFi and hope someone out their gives a crap about their customers. http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23960 Okay, I reverted, I'll see if that resolves the issue. It seemed to help for about 24 hours, then it started up again. My R6400 randomly looses it wireless connection for a few seconds. Starting your own thread for your own problem is also often wise. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one. My R6400 randomly looses it wireless connection for a few seconds. One easy trick is to use the 5GHz connection if your router supports it. This article provides troubleshooting help for your NETGEAR router. any help would be amazing. I bought an R6400 router about 18 months ago thinking that if I spent more than $50 on a router I would get better performance and a longer lifespan. The ps4 is the only 2.4 connection, whenever I tried using … Get the User Manual. I got this AC1750 Model R6400 router from Walmart less than six months ago and in about three months of being operating in my home, it suddenly turned off WiFi; no 2.4GHz or 5GHz. I did extensive research this time instead of just believe the first review article I read. I have downgraded the firmware twice. Should be known issue that Netgear is ignoring. From what I could find, it appears that the Asus RT-AC68P is the best overall out there. For information about how to set up and install your NETGEAR router, see How do I set up and install my NETGEAR router?. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one. What is the firmware version of the router? I updated firmware religiously. If i reboot the router 5Ghz works again for a while, but then clients are unable to authenicate to it. Current firmware version? A lot of modern routers are dual or tri-band, offering 2.4GHz and 5GHz connections. With NETGEAR ProSupport for Home, extend your warranty entitlement and support coverage further and get access to experts you trust. Richard Devine. It was a dream at first. I have done factory resets on the router several times AND my Synology NAS. Which "instructions"? On my laptop, once on the page to update firmware, zoom your screen in until you can see the button at the bottom to update. Another thing to try is enabling Netgear's Dynamic QoS (Quality of Service) feature that is supported on some routers. They also told me to use their Nighthawk app. So you'll need to point a web browser there while connected to the network your router is broadcasting. Same thing happened to me. Thanks. 3. I see that I am replying to your reply to someone else. 5. We are continuing to monitor the situation to ensure that the best possible service is provided to our customers. I also found this one at Best Buy on sale right now for $179.99. There are limits to what you can get from a forum like this if yourproblem description consists solely of "doesn't work", and youcan't/won't follow some relatively simple instructions. 6 common problems with Netgear routers and how to fix them Got yourself a Netgear router? This will help to intelligently prioritize bandwidth to make sure that the most important and demanding tasks, like streaming video and gaming, for example, are getting the share of the bandwidth they need. This product is backed by a NETGEAR limited 1-year Hardware Warranty. RT-AC68P is the best overall out there. See the following sections for troubleshooting help: NETGEAR provides complimentary technical support for NETGEAR products for 90 days from the original date of purchase. http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9665. I can't get past the NETGEAR genie Router Password Recovery page. On a final note, I got an app on my phone that would give you the signal strength of WiFi signals, and sure enough, the 5Ghz would just vanish for a few seconds every minute or so. Due to COVID-19 we are still experiencing unusually high call volume. Close. Login to the web app as above in step 2. I tried changing the 5G channel. And have you, or anyone else, seen this problem? Have you tried other firmware versions? UPDATE: Netgear has created temporary firmware that fixes the problem for the R6400, R7000 and R8000. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. You can just plug your Netgear into the ISP router and it'll start working straight away. But, two different Wi-Fi networks running in the same home can interfere, so for the best performance, you need to turn the ISP supplied one off. To troubleshoot wireless extenders: Ensure the wireless extender is properly configured, see Setting up NETGEAR Wi-Fi range extenders. I can't not for the life of me get my ps4 and my computer on the same IP address. Have you tried bypassing the router and connecting straight to the modem to check if the connection is stable? When I first setup 5Ghz it works fine, but within 8 hours nothing can authenicate to it. Did you read any of that? NETGEAR offers a variety of ProSupport for Business services that allow you to access NETGEAR's expertise in a way that best meets your needs: © 1996-2020 NETGEAR® Privacy PolicyTerms and Conditions, 11/6/20 - Security Advisory for Unauthenticated Command Injection Vulnerability on Some Extenders and Orbi WiFi Systems, 9/17/20 - Security Advisory for Admin Credential Disclosure on Some WiFi Systems, PSV-2020-0045, Desktop and Notebook PCs, Printers, Scanners, and more, Windows Operating Systems, MS Office, Outlook, and more, Protect your investment from the hassle of unexpected repairs and expenses, Connect with experienced NETGEAR experts who know your product the best. Where did you look? Like everything you can enable this in the web app, but an easier solution is to download the Netgear Genie app for your smartphone. And you call this “the ever helpful NETGEAR? This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. RT-AC68R version as well which are the same, but they're the retail and online version and have a slightly slower processor at 800Mhz instead of 1Ghz like the P model does. Use a web browser to communicate with the router's managementweb site. With my weak psychic powers, and lack of access to your e-mail, Idon't really know what "the link that NETGEAR gave us" was. No? Should I not do> that as well? I'm returning this router tomorrow and I would suggest the same to you. Then all of a sudden it was working and I could reset all of my custom setting. ), > [...] Router Password Recovery page. Yes, many times. Once logged in to the web app you'll find both of these options under wireless. The update will be displayed with a one-click to download and install the latest firmware to keep your router running at its best. Find thekit(s). I know this because two days ago I put an old Airport Express in place of my Netgear and I have had solid internet with no drops ever since. everything worked great up until I started streaming (browsing the directory in the HDD was fine). Community Questions. I have sent you a message. I ask, because I am also having this problem. To see if your product supports the Nighthawk app, see Which products support the NETGEAR Nighthawk app?. Knowledge Base Articles We are continuing to monitor the situation to ensure that the best possible service is provided to our customers. As usual, showing actual actions with theiractual results (error messages, LED indicators, ...) can be more helpfulthan vague descriptions or interpretations. By default, it'll have 5G at the end of the SSID. If yes, please try re-flashing the firmware. To test the connection, see Testing network connectivity with ping. (For older versions, under Firmware andSoftware Downloads, look for "View Previous Versions".) I recently bought the r6400 on 2/6/2016 and just got it all set up. Burn me twice my fault. There is a RT-AC68U or RT-AC68R version as well which are the same, but they're the retail and online version and have a slightly slower processor at 800Mhz instead of 1Ghz like the P model does. Do you have any recommendations? For all troubleshooting, Netgear uses the www.routerlogin.net web app. Please check your inbox. How to Install Your NETGEAR Router with the Nighthawk App, How to Update Router Software with the Nighthawk App, How to Change your Network Name and Password, How to Troubleshoot your NETGEAR Wireless Network, How to Setup Your NETGEAR Router with the Nighthawk App, How to Improve your Wireless Router Home Network, How to Connect to a NETGEAR Wireless Router, How to Set Up Voice Controls with Amazon Alexa on Nighthawk WiFi Routers, How to Remotely Manage Your Router Using the Nighthawk App, How to Update the Firmware on NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Routers, How to Setup Remote Access on NETGEAR Nighthawk Routers with genie, How To Add Storage To Your NETGEAR WiFi Router using ReadyCloud, How to Setup ReadyCLOUD Storage on NETGEAR Nighthawk Wireless Routers, How To Eliminate Wireless Lag with AirTime Fairness on NETGEAR WiFi Routers, How to Login to your NETGEAR Router's Web Interface | PC and Mac, Show: